WHAT is R.I.S.E. Sunday? A morning of worship and hands-on mission projects with local and global impact.
WHAT projects are available?
- Pillowcase Dresses for Little Dresses for Africa: Goal: Make 25 dresses and 50 sanitary kits, which are distributed in remote villages and aid in the formation of relationships with mission groups focused on clean water and primary education efforts.
- Bagged lunches for Trenton Area Soup Kitchen: Goal: Make 1000 bagged lunches, including peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, for distribution to people experiencing food insecurity in Trenton.
- Cutlery assembly for Trenton Area Soup Kitchen: Goal: Using plasticware, paper napkins, and adhesive bands, wrap 4,000 sets of dinnerware for use at one of the 4,800 meals supplied by TASK each week.
- Rise Against Hunger: Goal: Assemble 13, 824 meals which will feed 37 children in developing countries for one year, through international hunger relief organization Rise Against Hunger.
RISE Sunday 2018
What an amazing day we had! In only two hours of service projects, here is what we accomplished:
- Completed 63 pillowcase dresses for distribution by missionaries who work with Little Dresses for Africa
- Prepared and assembled 90 necessities kits for homeless and runaway Bucks County youth and young adults, for distribution by outreach workers at The Synergy Project
- Made almost 1,000 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and packed them into bagged lunches (along with other items) for distribution at Trenton Area Soup Kitchen
- Rolled thousands of sets of plastic cutlery into paper napkins for use at meals served at Trenton Area Soup Kitchen
- Packaged 13,482 dried meals for international hunger relief organization Rise Against Hunger.
- Our young children and their adult helpers decorated and packed over 100 lunch bags for Trenton Area Soup Kitchen!
- We also donated excess food items to Jesus Focus Food Pantry for distribution to local people experiencing food insecurity.
To see more photos from this awesome morning of "work-ship", click here, and if you happen to see Richard Smith around our church one Sunday, please stop him and thank him for taking such great pictures!
To read more about the organizations we helped, click the images below.