St. John’s offers a variety of adult classes and small groups.
- Sunday Morning Classes: The 9:15 AM Class meets weekly, the 10:30 AM class meets 2nd and 4th Sundays.
- Short-term topical and Bible studies: Day and evening studies are offered throughout the year. Current offerings can be found below or in our Weekly Cornerstone Newsletter.
- In Home study groups meet for 6-8 weeks at various times throughout the year.
- Book Discussion Groups: Several times throughout the year, this group meets to discuss both fiction and non-fiction literature. All books have Christian elements or faith themes.
If anyone is interested in facilitating a Small Group Study, please contact Lara Bolte at 215-357-6998.
NEW SMALL GROUP OPPORTUNITY!
With busy schedules and priorities that pull us in multiple directions, it's often hard to find a moment for ourselves to reflect, to pray, to study. If this describes you, this small group is your place to be. What better way to start 2019 than dedicating time for yourself to nurture your relationship with God with the support of others?
- We meet once a month
- Perfect for people who are new to small groups/Bible studies
- First meeting: Sunday, February 10, 6:45 PM
- Subsequent meetings will be held the first Sunday of the month
- Church parlor
- No pre-work necessary! DVD-based study
- No sign-up necessary - just show up and check it out
CURRENT BIBLE STUDY OPPORTUNITIES (ALREADY BEGUN)
40 Days of Prayer
Throughout the 40 Days of Prayer sermon series and study with Pastor Janice, you will learn how to cultivate a powerful prayer life and experience breakthrough in your relationship challenges, financial difficulties, bad habits, health crisis, and many other areas of your life.
In this study, Kathi Lee Gifford and her co-author, messianic Jewish Rabbi Jason Sobel, visit sites in Israel and share fascinating background details that make the story of the New Testament come alive. As the authors reveal in this study, Jesus is indeed the Rock and the Rabbi whom we follow along this Road in life. Led by Barbara Schneider and Carol Campbell, this group meets in the parlor at 6:45.
The New Daily Study Bible, by William Barclay
This group has been working its way through the New Testament, using William Barclay's The New Daily Study Bible as its guide. As described on Amazon.com, "For more than fifty years and for millions of readers around the world, the New Daily Study Bible commentaries have been the ideal help for both devotional and serious Bible study. William Barclay's brilliant communication, down-to-earth approach, and sheer enthusiasm have inspired generations of readers." They are currently finishing Barclay's study of The Letter to the Romans and will soon begin Barclay's study of The Letter to the Hebrews. This is an ongoing Bible study run by Ken Lee. In his words: Our goals for the study are to deepen our understanding of the Word of God and Who Jesus is as revealed to us by the Scriptures of Jesus's life, ministry, death and resurrection. William Barclay is a world-renowned Biblical scholar whose commentary on these Scriptures will help reveal to us the understanding we seek and bring us closer to the God we love and serve. Please feel free to invite others and hope to see you for our study in His Name, and you can feel free to drop in at any time.